Sunday, April 27, 2008

Word and Excel/3D Chatting

Part 1:
Word:
After doing the Microsoft Word business letter, I found some new tools that I previously did not even know existed. I have used ms-word countless times for school work, or other misc. things, but I have never known that it can be formatted so easily!

I didn't encounter any problems, but I didn't figure out how to backspace through feel because it was after the Griffith Uni words...but I still managed to figure out that how that is useful.

I did not find it too simple or confusing, I just found it pretty time consuming, and you have to pay attention to what you are doing and follow directions well. It can be easy to get the functions mixed up, so I can see how word can be easily confusing.

This software has been useful to me in the past, and it will be more useful to me in the future!

Excel:
This one was a little bit harder to me! I have never had to use Excel for anything, I've only seen it. The different options and graphs that can be created can be very useful for anyone trying to organize something, and I can understand why this is popularly used.

It was a little confusing due to the fact that I am a new user. Someone that is a beginner to this may have trouble, but it is pretty user friendly-you just have to have patience.

Part 2:

3D chatting is definitely different than regular msn chatting. It feels more or less like the "real world" and since you can make a person chat, which seems more like face to face chatting, you may start to believe that you are actually in this space, and may act like it. Since simulated lands are apart of these chats, more things are possible in that people can talk about different places, or may act differently-more like "real life."

This application may lead us to having another persona online which is even more personal than myspace/facebook. People may feel like because this represents virtual reality, that it is actually a reality. This application could also be helpful if the 3d arena is of somewhere real, like for business operations. This application could hurt us in the fact that face to face communication may become less and less available, making this virtual reality actual reality.


No comments: